The HGIS Lab (https://hgis.uw.edu) is recruiting two to three talented student assistant volunteers to join our “GeoBlockchain for vulnerable population” project. We are looking for disciplined students to assist in the development of Decentralized Web Mapping Application aimed to support the vulnerable populations in the U.S. Students will get involved in both front- and back-end development of the application. Prior experience in blockchain development is preferred but not required.
- Attending virtual meetings with the team member led by the Principal Investigator Dr. Bo Zhao.
- Developing the front-end side of the application including web designing and UI/UX designing.
- Developing the back-end side of the application using Blockchain technology.
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A current undergraduate student at the University of Washington
- Familiarity with blockchain technology and how it works (preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ethereum Blockchain and Smart Contracts (preferred)
- Prior experience with website design and web mapping development (preferred)
- Must have the self-motivation to learn new technologies, software, methodologies and assist Team to operate at maximum efficiency
- Must pay strict attention to details and Information Security
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position. Days and hours of work are very flexible, but students are expected to spend at least 5 hours/week and work remotely.
If you are interested in this project, please send an email to Dr. Bo Zhao (email@example.com). It is a limited opportunity; we will prefer to work with students who contact us first.